Erickson and Trump: Two Peas in a Pod
Posted on August 10, 2015
It’s rare that I agree with both Eric Erickson and Donald Trump.
But when Trump calls Erickson a total loser, I agree with him.
And when Erickson disinvited Trump from his Red State Conference, it was the right decision, I guess.
The bigger question is why did the Republican Presidential candidates go to the Red State Conference to begin with?
Red State is a collection of Twitter trolls who say outrageous things simply to get clicks on their site.
Yes, they get a million views every month. There are plenty of cat videos on YouTube who get that kind of attention too.
Let’s do a little quiz to see if you know who made which outrageous statement, Eric Erickson or Donald Trump?
- In response to a 2010 Super Bowl ad,: "That's what the feminazis were enraged over? Seriously?!? Wow. That's what being too ugly to get a date does to your brain"
- "An ‘extremely credible source’ has called my office and told me that Barack Obama’s birth certificate is a fraud".
- "Turned on twitter today and there was a barrage of angry feminists upset with me telling them to get in the kitchen and learn to cook";
- “Ariana Huffington is unattractive, both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man – he made a good decision.”
- "Good thing I didn't suggest the feminists ... you know ... shave. They'd be at my house trying a post-birth abortion on me."
- “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass.”
- "Feminists have no sense of humor, but clearly God did in creating feminists."
- “If I were running ‘The View’, I’d fire Rosie O’Donnell. I mean, I’d look at her right in that fat, ugly face of hers, I’d say ‘Rosie, you’re fired.’”
- "A while back, Glenn Beck called Barack Obama a 'racist.' Given all the terrorists, thugs, and racists Barack Obama has chosen as close personal friends (see e.g. Rev. Wright), it's not a stretch to say it.”
- “When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending the best. They're not sending you, they're sending people that have lots of problems and they're bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. ... And some, I assume, are good people."
- "David Souter, the former Supreme Court Justice, is a “goat-fucking child molester.”
- “The only kind of people I want counting my money are little short guys that wear yamakas every day.”
One of these characters is currently leading the Republican field in the race for President. The other is a self-appointed king maker who has dramatically tried to disqualify the other.
And we wonder why there is a huge gender gap among women voters, why black voters hate us and why we are getting killed among Hispanic voters.
The media treats this Red State gathering as a legitimate way to vet the candidates. They shouldn’t. It’s not.
The Republican Party shouldn’t validate trolls who go out of there way to alienate huge chunks of people who live, work, pay taxes and vote in America. It’s stupid. And counterproductive. And it will cost us another Presidential election next year.